The product that started it all - Blue Sky Communications. It's a superior, fixed-wireless point-to-point data solution that utilises both licensed and unlicensed spectrum. Blue Sky Communications is a 1:1 Layer 2 last mile product and, via strategic partnerships with major telcos and national network-to-network interfaces (NNI1), Blue Sky Communications is able to offer your business or home a 99.5% availability SLA (high-availability SLA). Blue Sky Communications is an ideal complementary or substitute service to fixed-line last mile technology, and the rapid implementation speed makes it a viable option for any business or home. With quick deployment, wide coverage, MPLS capabilities, and international breakout from our POPs (JHB and CT), Teraco POPs (JHB, CT and DBN) or NNIs, Blue Sky Communications empowers your business or home to connect quickly and efficiently, as well as save on costs.
- Dedicated last-mile wireless access
- Licensed and unlicensed spectrum options
- Voice, video and data traffic can be routed across the infrastructure
- Connect any regional branch in to POPs (JHB and CT), Teraco POPs (JHB, CT and DBN) or via one of 45 NNIs.
- Breakout to the internet internationally from SkyWire POPs (JHB and CT) or Teraco
- POPs (JHB, CT and DBN), enabling you to interconnect quickly and efficiently between branches
- Regional availability right across the South Africa - subject to LOS
- A desktop line-of-site survey will be conducted first to ensure a clear Line of Sight (LOS) to an appropriate high site
- A physical site survey (LOS survey) will be arranged if we are unsure about the feasibility due to possible obstructions (mountains, large buildings, trees and vegetation)
- If necessary, written landlord's consent to mount equipment will need to obtained (Landowner's Consent Form)
- Router with an Ethernet interface (this router will be provided)
- 2U of rack space (for the terminating wireless equipment and the router)